Celebrate Play was a free family play event held on 2nd August 2017 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of national Playday and mark PlayWorks' own 30th birthday!
Activities on the day included:
- Lots of Arts & Crafts. Participants made headdresses, musical instruments, and whatever else they could imagine!
- Kids got crafty with Framework & SSBC
- Families tried a range of Sports Activities provided by Nottingham City Council
- The PlayWorks Games Zone was packed with Traditional Games, Circus Skills, and outlandish Giant Games!
- Children braved the PlayWorks’ Obstacle Course Challenge
- There was Animal Handling with Stonebridge City farm
- A Wild Walk was provided by Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust
- Kids made Tree Spirits with the Park Rangers
- Word, Play and Poetry was enjoyed in the Literacy Volunteer Yurt!
- Lots of participants were photographed at our Playful Photo Area, and were snapped with The Nottingham Mascot and our Minion!
- Younger ones enjoyed the Under 5’s area, including activities and Sensory Play with Bulwell Community Toy Library
- Stick Tree Installation and Tee Pees were constructed with the help of Bulwell Community Toy Library
- Kids got messy in the Mud Kitchen with Happy Mondays Playgroup
- And lots more!!
The event and all activities were FREE and we hope to hold a similar free Playday event in 2018.
A special thank you to Jade and Lewis for designing our Celebrate Play leaflet!
Affordable food was provided onsite by Super Kitchen. Supporting social eating spaces, and cooking for their communities with love.
We would like to say a massive thank you to all our supporters who are joining us on the day incuding Bulwell Community Toy Library, Happy Monday's Playgroup Sneinton, Literacy Volunteers, Nottingham City Council Play Teams, Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, Stonebridge City Farm, Nottingham Girls Highschool, The Nottingham, Framework/SSBC, Nottingham Contemporary, and many more!