We are recruiting!
28th Nov 2018
Job title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £25,000 p.a. pro-rata (OTE £30,000+ pro-rata)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Contract: Permanent (subject to satisfactory performance)
Reporting to: Executive Chair
If you have at least three years’ experience in a lead generation, sales/business development environment and exceptional skills of relationship-building and persuasion, you could help spearhead PlayWorks’ business development ambitions.
This new, part-time post will play a pivotal role in the strategic development and long-term planning of PlayWorks’ sales, communications and marketing. The post-holder will be responsible for maintaining and growing PlayWorks’ partnerships by extending our reach into new markets. Additional funds raised will be ploughed back into PlayWorks’ philanthropic work promoting the benefits of play and providing free access, safe, healthy play opportunities for all children.
We are looking for an energetic people-person with a heart for the work we do, and relevant and proven experience in lead generation, business development and sales. You will: ensure that communications opportunities are maximised; develop new propositions to generate new income sources; help to ensure the PlayWorks’ brand is synonymous with high quality work with a reputation for excellence and impact.
This is an exciting role supporting a broad area and therefore requires someone who enjoys working on a variety of tasks. The post holder will be efficient, and have excellent communication and time management skills, and proven experience.
- A natural relationship developer with excellent communication skills and a determination to identify opportunities and represent PlayWorks
- Have experience working in a business development/sales role
- Be self-motivated and highly organised with the ability to work autonomously and take ownership for your own workload and schedule
- A sharp thinker with a proven track record of delivering income against agreed targets and timescales (this may be from either the charity or private sector) You will be happy working with high-powered contacts, understand the relevance of and evangelise PlayWorks’ mission and ambitions
- Be creative and entrepreneurial with an innovative approach to work
- You will be a confident speaker both on the phone and in public
- Have highly developed literacy and numeracy skills with an excellent standard of computer literacy
- Proven ability to report up to management and stakeholders, understanding of key elements that would be essential to managing expectations
- People management experience would be an advantage but is not essential
- An understanding of the charity sector would be an advantage but is not essential
Interested? If you would like to apply please send your CV and a personal statement to email@example.com detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the criteria outlined above. You can also request a copy of the full job description and a copy of our Safer recruitment policy using the above email.
The closing date for applications is 17th December at 5:00 p.m. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 5:00 p.m. on 21st December. Interviews will be held w/c January 7th 2019.
Safeguarding - PlayWorks is committed to safeguarding children and young people. If you are offered a role at PlayWorks this will be conditional on the outcome of a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check. Please see our Safeguarding Policy for more details.
Equal Opportunities - PlayWorks is an Equal Opportunities employer and has an Equal Opportunities Policy. PlayWorks also operates an appeals procedure. If you consider you have been unfairly treated at any stage of our recruitment and selection procedures you may appeal following the process set out in our Equal Opportunities Policy.