How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us;
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- Where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work, which we think, may be of interest to you.
3. How we keep your data safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedure to Safeguard and secure the information we collect online or from you directly.
4. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- We are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Sharing with only these trusteed third parties:
- Mail Chimp - Email and name for newsletter marketing
- Stripe – Credit and Debit card information for online purchases (PlayWorks does not hold or store your card details at any point)
- EBay – Delivery address to allow us to post purchases
- PayPal – To process credit card payments via EBay
5. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
6. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information. You can do this my contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0115 958 9199 or ask at reception.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
7. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
For further information please click here
9. Contact us
Phone: 0115 958 9199 and ask for the Office Manager
Post: PlayWorks, Alfred Street North, Nottingham, NG3 1AE